Maintenance of your Rainbow play system
To ensure safe enjoyment of your Rainbow Play System for years to come, follow these simple maintenance tips:
*Note – The play set must be properly stained/maintained. If the wood has grayed the warranty claim will be denied.
1. At the beginning of each usage season and twice each month, check and tighten as needed (but do not over tighten causing the wood to crack) all nuts and bolts. Acorn nuts should be tightened to 5 foot pounds of torque. Hardware used on swinging elements should be checked at least twice a month to ensure proper fastening.
2. At the beginning of each usage season and twice each month, check all coverings on bolts, sharp edges and corners. Replace when necessary.
3. At the beginning of each usage season and twice each month, rake and check depth of loose fill protective surfacing materials to prevent compaction and to maintain appropriate depth. Replace as necessary.
4. At the beginning of each usage season, check all wood members for deterioration and splinters. Spot sand any areas that are checking or splintering. If parts are deteriorating, replace as needed.
5. At the beginning of each usage season, check entire Structure and Swing Beam to ensure they are level, if not adjust Structure and/or Swing Beam back to level.
6. At the beginning of each usage season, clean tarps with soap and water.
7. At the beginning of each usage season, clean vinyl dipped parts.
8. On a yearly basis, we recommend that you coat your play system with a sealant or preservative. You may also want to spot sand areas before sealing. Be sure that the sealant you select is non-toxic and child safe.
9. Lubricate all metallic moving parts and grease the Tire Swivel monthly during the usage period.
10. Check all moving parts including swing seats, ropes, and chains for wear, rust, or other deterioration and replace as needed.
11. Check swing hangers, tire swivel, S-Hooks, eyebolts, and spring clips for wear and replace as needed.
12. Check all metal parts for rust. If needed, sand and repaint using a nonlead-based paint meeting the requirements of Title 16 CFR Part 1303.
13. Check the S-Hooks on the chains to ensure the gap is less than .040 inches. Tighten/close as necessary.
14. Remove plastic swing seats and take indoors or do not use when temperature drops below 32° Fahrenheit. Reinstall swing seats when the cold season is complete.
15. When you are ready to dispose of your play set, make sure all metal, plastic and wood components are disposed of in accordance with local waste ordinances and ensure that no unreasonable hazards exist.